The all-new iOS 13 is fully packed with impressive features and technology. Before releasing the official version, Apple released several Beta version of iOS 13 to ensure that the final version should be free from any bugs or errors. The new iOS 13 comes with a dark Mode, a revamped Photos app with integrated video editing tools and Swipe Keyboard.
Before you go to the Settings and hit the update button there some things that you should do before updating to the iOS 13. In case anything goes wrong during the installation process, it can wipe out your data. So, first of all, let’s take a backup of your device. The backup will help you to restore all files and settings.
iOS 13 Compatible Devices
- iPhone XS
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6S
Get Some Free Space By Removing Less Important Items
The new iOS 13 will require a significant amount of free space. So before even taking the backup, look into the mirror and ask a few questions from yourself. First of all, take a look at your installed apps, photos, and other files. Now ask yourself: Do I really need this app or file? Can I survive without it? If I delete it, will it make any change to my daily life?
By asking those questions, you can remove unnecessary things from your device. This will create a significant amount of free space on your device. Delete the files that are consuming lots of space.
Taking a Thorough Backup of Your iPhone
There are primarily two types of ways to take a backup of your iPhone. The first way to take backup is by using iTunes on your Mac or Windows-PC. The second way to take a backup of an iOS device is by using the iCloud service, and this method is quick and easy.
Backing Up Using the iCloud
iCloud service is the best way to backup an iPhone or iPod Touch. Every iCloud account comes with 5GB of cloud storage. This can be used to take a backup of your iPhone.
- Go to Settings and then go to your name.
- Navigate and then press the iCloud option.
- Scroll downwards and then select the iCloud backup. After that, go to the Back Up Now option.
- If you are using iOS 10.2 or older, then tap the “Backup” option.
- To check the status of the backup process, go to Settings and then to iCloud. Now go to iCloud Storage and then to Manage Storage. Choose your device from the given options.
Backup Using iTunes Application on Your Mac or Windows PC
If you got an old Mac and Windows PC, then iTunes will allow you to take a backup of your iPhone or iPod Touch. Follow the steps given below to back up your device with iTunes:
- First of all, ensure that the iTunes application is up-to-date.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a lightning cable.
- Now with the help of On-screen instructions, enter your device passcode if asked to do so. If asked to “Trust this Computer” then allow it.
- Now choose your iPhone on the iTunes application.
- Press the Back Up Now button to start the process.
How to Download and Install iOS 13 on iOS?
- Head to the Settings option on your iOS device.
- Go to General and then to Software Update.
- The system will check for updates by itself. You will get an alert about iOS 13 is available. Hit the “Download and Install” option.
- Grab a cup of coffee and wait till the process completes. You won’t be able to use the device until it completes.
Using iTunes to Install iOS 13
You can also upgrade to the iOS 13 using the iTunes app on your Mac and Windows PC. See the instructions given below:
- Ensure that you are using the newest iTunes version.
- Connect your iOS device to your Mac or computer using a Connecter cable.
- Launch the iTunes application and then choose your iOS device from the list.
- Go to the “Summary” option and then select Check for Updates.
- Hit the “Download and Update” option.
Alexa Thomson is a printer expert who has worked with leading printer hardware and software companies. Owing to her expertise in IT, and technology, her blogs have been published in leading magazines and platforms. Her favorite printer writings come for canon printer support.